October 19, 2018, Okada Manila — Now on its 39th year, the Agora Awards continues a tradition of recognizing the companies and individuals who have pushed the boundaries of Marketing Excellence even further. Considered the highest marketing distinction in the Philippines, the Agora is proud to announce this year’s batch of dreamers and innovators, including two winners for the Marketing Company of the Year—a category that has not seen a winner for the past two years.
Marketing Companies of the Year:
• SM Supermalls, represented by Mr. Steven T. Tan, Chief Operating Officer
• Vista Land and Lifescapes, Inc., represented by Ms. Camille A. Villar, Managing Director
Outstanding Achievement in Export Marketing
• Century Pacific Food, Inc., represented by Mr. Gregory Banzon, General Manager
Outstanding Achievement in Advocacy Marketing
• Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corp., represented by Mr. Cesar G. Romero, Country Chairman
Outstanding Achievement in Overseas Marketing
• Mr. Edgar Allan Caper, Marketing Director, KFC Guam
Outstanding Achievement in Marketing Communication
• Mr. Melvin Mangada, Managing Partner & Chief Creative Officer, TBWA\Santiago Mangada Puno
Outstanding Achievement in Entrepreneurship – Large Enterprise
• Mr. Kerwin Thomas Tansekiao, Managing Director, Pizza Pedricos Food Corporation (Jimini Foods Group)
Outstanding Achievement in Entrepreneurship – Medium Enterprise
• Mr. Francisco “Paco” Magsaysay, Founder & President, Carmen’s Best Ice Cream
Outstanding Achievement in Entrepreneurship – Small Enterprise
• Mr. Rene “RJ” Ledesma, Jr., Co-founder, Mercato Centrale
Alongside winning the Agora comes the distinction of joining The Agora Circle, which is comprised of an elite group of Filipino leaders who continuously pave the way for marketing innovations. The 2018 winners are now also full-fledged members of the Philippine Marketing Association (PMA), having taken their oaths during the awarding ceremony.
The Awards were presented to the winners by PMA President, Ms. Arlene Padua-Martinez; PMA Director for the Agora Awards, Ms. Mary Faith Abaño; and Overall Chairperson for the Agora Awards, Ms. Maeyeth Cayungog during the Agora Awards Night held at Okada Manila.
Hosted each year by the PMA, the Agora Awards has bestowed nearly 300 awards since its inception in 1979. And as it celebrates its 40th anniversary next year, the Agora remains steadfast in its commitment to serve as the beacon of Marketing Excellence in the country.